Get a free library card at any of our locations!
A Massanutten Regional Library (MRL) card gives you access to more than just physical books, movies and CDs. You have access to free language learning tools, ebooks, downloadable magazines and audiobooks, thousands of magazine and newspaper articles, online test prep materials, job resources and more from this website!
People eligible for free library cards:
- Residents of the City of Harrisonburg, Page County or Rockingham County
- Property owners in the City of Harrisonburg, Page County or Rockingham County
- People who work in the City of Harrisonburg, Page County or Rockingham County
- Full-time students at Blue Ridge Community College, Bridgewater College, Eastern Mennonite University, James Madison University, and Lord Fairfax Community College
- People living in an adjoining county to our service area, including:
- Albemarle County, Virginia
- Augusta County, Virginia
- Greene County, Virginia
- Madison County, Virginia
- Rappahannock County Virginia
- Shenandoah County, Virginia
- Warren County, Virginia
- Hardy County, West Virginia
- Pendleton County, West Virginia
If you do not meet one of these requirements you may apply for a library card for a yearly fee of $35.
What you need to get a card:
- Photo ID (acceptable IDs include US government issued driver’s license or state ID card, or a passport)
- Proof of current mailing address (acceptable proof includes photo IDs listed above, checkbook, lease agreement or mortgage, voter registration card, a bill or pay stub, or some other official document)
- If you are a full-time college student, bring your college ID and a driver’s license with your home address
In addition to the photo ID and proof of mailing address you may need some other documentation:
- If you work in the area please bring proof of employment (pay stub, company ID or letter from employer on official letterhead)
- If you are a Massanutten Time Share owner you must bring your membership Gold Card
If you are under the age of 18 you must have your parent or legal guardian with you to apply for a library card.