About YOUR Library
Massanutten Regional Library is a library system that serves over 140,000 residents in Harrisonburg, Page County and Rockingham County, Virginia. We are a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization funded by these localities and through the generosity of our patrons.
Our library system consists of seven branches in Bridgewater, Broadway, Elkton, Grottoes, Harrisonburg, Luray, and Shenandoah. Our administrative offices are located at the Central Library in downtown Harrisonburg.
The Massanutten Regional Library is a highly visible center for culture, technology and knowledge resources, serving the wide-ranging needs of a diverse community.
The Massanutten Regional Library system provides the community with a courteous, well-trained staff and a comprehensive, balanced collection of materials, programs, and technology in a safe and welcoming environment.
We’re here to offer our community residents and visitors outstanding library services and materials.
- We have great books, magazines, DVDs and CDs — thousands of them!
- We answer your questions. Our experienced and savvy reference librarians are ready to tackle your tough questions.
- We have a helpful staff. They’ll guide you to the services and materials you’re looking for.
- We offer fun and educational programs for children and adults. Check our Storytime schedule and the Calendar of Events for the latest information on upcoming activities.
- We have extensive online resources that include powerful databases you can use for free. You can do your research from home or in the library by accessing our database services.
- We have an exclusive collection of local history books and documents and genealogical records. You can begin your family history research here. Our local history collection continues to grow and now includes the stories of local veterans and farm families. It’s one of the best in the Valley.